From our house to yours...
The summer month's are coming to an end and with it comes time to do some re-decorating or re-modeling to get your home ready for the up-coming holidays. There is no better time than now to get started with that new kitchen, wine cellar addition, home theater, glassed in porch, or whatever your desire may be. We at Grayson Family Homes are committed to supplying your needs with a full service design team, on-staff interior designer, and over 25 years of experience in building and re-modeling.
Tip of the month: Decorate like a professional.
Adding color to your home by doing simple painting can change the mood of any room. Transform any space into your dream room with professional decorating points and tips on how to develop a color palette. Then coordinate colors and accessories for a pulled together look that is your own personal style. Start writing down the basics – which key elements (couch, rug, flooring) will stay and which will go. Generate ideas by creating a portfolio that appeals to you. Collect images from magazines, paint swatches, fabrics, etc.
Determine your color preferences:
- Are you drawn to colors that are warm (reds, yellows), cool (blues, greens), or neutral (whites, beiges, grays)?
- Do you prefer many colors or various shades and tints of a single color?
- How does your color selection work with existing elements in the room, such as the floor or large furnishings?
- Begin grouping colors to see which ones appeal most to you.
- View all samples together in the room to see how things will look with elements and actual lighting conditions. Consider the size and scale of your room and it's furnishings.
- Sample paint colors on the walls to see how they work and to determine the overall feel or mood of the room.
- Keep the concepts of harmony and balance in mind.
Your final choices should please your eye, feel balanced, and create the mood or feeling that you want.
Color is a dynamic element in your home's décor, tying together room furnishings and accessories, as well as creating just the right mood, whether restful or revitalizing.
Contact: Louie or Deborah Carter, Grayson Family Homes, 414 Waterlily Way, Summerville, SC, 29483 (c)706-347-0424 or (c)706-453-6523. Please feel free to forward this to your friends. We would appreciate that.
If you would like to be added to our list for future decorating or building tips, please send us an email with “Subscribe” in the subject line to: